Dentures with Implants aka Snap On Dentures
Implant Dentures are removable teeth. Dentures with dental implants and snap in attachments called locator abutments. Dentists call this solution implant retained locator dentures. Basically a full upper or lower set of natural teeth can be replaced with 2 – 4 implants, a removable denture and zest locator attachments and abutments.
Same-day implants be achieved and a patient will not go without teeth. If teeth need to be removed, teeth implants will normally be placed by Dr. Adams at the same time and a set of teeth will be inserted the day of surgery. It will not be necessary to go without teeth. Dr Adams has been an implant specialist for over 15 years and has done thousands of implant teeth.
Other popular Implant options include:
implant dentures are also sometimes called implant locator dentures. The Best way to do implant dentures is 2-4 implants for a full lower set of implant dentures and 4 implants to replace a full set of upper teeth.
Dr Adams sees patients from Maryland, DC, Virginia, across the USA and abroad. Dr. Adams has successfully placed thousands of implants and is a consultant, instructor and speaker for the implant company Zeramex. Zeramex is the leading manufacturer of zirconia implants in the world and is based out of Switzerland. Dr. Adams can handle cases involving one up to a full mouth of implants. Dr. Adams performs his own implant surgery and fits and places all his own implant teeth.
“I very much enjoy seeing my patient’s implant cases from start to finish…it brings me a great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction…”
Implant Dentures Vs All on 4 Tooth Implant Bridge:
Snap on Denture Benefits
- snap on over dentures are removable – being removable can be an advantage. The can be easily cleaned because they can be removed, cleaned and re-inserted. Permanent All on 4 and other permanent full mouth implant teeth need to be cleaned in the mouth. Bridges require special floss and brushes. If a piece of food gets stuck under an implant bridge, it can be irritating and difficult to remove.
- Dentures cost less to make than other full mouth implant options
- Implant affordable dentures require fewer mouth implants and less jaw bone
- Implant dentures are quite stable and if made properly, will not come dislodged during chewing and mastication
- Dentures are easy to maintain and inexpensive to repair in the event of a breakage.
- A new set of implant dentures can be made for a small fraction of the cost of a full mouth zirconia or porcelain bridge.
Dentures with Implants Cons:
- Dentures are removable and people like teeth that stay in their mouth
- More bulky and thicker than full mouth porcelain or zirconia bridges
- Denture patients continue to experience bone loss over time. Especially where there are no implants in the jaw.
- Acrylic Dentures feel more “fake” and like “plastic.”
- Locator Dentures require at least bi-annual maintenance where the plastic inserts in the denture attachments need to be replaced.
- Acrylic is a semi-permeable material and over time will absorb bacteria and food and drink matter. Acrylic will stain, discolor and begin to have a foul smell.
- Acrylic teeth can break off the denture and need to be replaced. The acrylic denture can break especially if it is not maintained properly.
All on 4 with Zirconia such as Prettau / Bruxzir Pros:
- Permanent and do not need to be removed
- smooth thin natural feeling material
- very durable
- does not stain, discolor and smell over time
- much less bone loss
- better chewing function and support
- does not move at all during chewing
All on 4 Prettau or Bruxzir Cons:
- not removable and more difficult to clean than removable implant dentures
- requires more implants and tooth implant surgery than dentures
- requires more bone to be successful and bone graft surgery with PRF may be necessary
- more expensive by far than implant dentures. Likely 2 times as expensive than dentures with implants.