Best way to know if your Dentist is really Holistic
We are a natural dental office for adults and children. What is a natural or holistic dentist anyway? Holistic dentists are sometimes called biological dentists. Honestly, if you did not know the difference, to most people we would seem like any other high quality dental office…and to many that is all we need to be. Our biological practice is located in the Maryland DC metro area in Burtonsville near Silver Spring and Columbia Maryland.
Maryland Holistic Dentist creates and maintains healthy smiles for adults and children, but our treatments never come at an expense or compromise to overall health. We are a fluoride free and mercury free dental practice. We do not use any metals or toxic chemicals. We preselect biocompatible, organic, safe and effective dental materials. When removing materials such as amalgam mercury fillings we do so in a safe manner so as to avoid exposing anyone or our practice to harmful toxins.
We have special air filtration and clean water systems to ensure safe environment and cleanliness in our dental office. There is no such thing as a completely “natural” dental material and what is safe for one person may not be safe for another. We can do dental material testing and when we believe someone may have a sensitivity to a material. If a material or tooth is affecting your health, we will remove it safely and replace with a healthier option. Some examples of “healthier options” may be metal-free fillings and crowns, metal free zirconia implants vs titanium implants, dental ozone-oxygen therapy vs antibiotics, porcelain fillings vs amalgam mercury fillings.
Best way to know if a Dentist is really Holistic or Biological
- Ozone. Every natural holistic dentist owns an ozone generator. An ozone generator turns O2 or normal room oxygen into O3 or ozone. Ozone is used in just about every dental procedure to promote healing and kill pathogens including bacteria and fungus. If a dentist does not have an ozone generator, they are definitely holistic.
- Safe mercury amalgam filling removal. NO holistic dentist would ever remove mercury without using a safe protocol such as the IAOMT SMART removal protocol.
- Dental material biocompatibility testing. Placing materials that are biocompatible is the hallmark of a holistic dentist. After all the primary principle of holistic dentistry is the health of the mouth and what is in the mouth impacts overall health.
- Metal free and fluoride free dentistry. Holistic dentists do not use fluoride or metal.
- Holistic dentists do not do root canals. Holistic dentists would never think leaving dead teeth full of bacteria in the mouth is a good idea.
- Use of platelet rich fibrin in extraction sites. Use of a proper extraction protocol including PRF, ozone and removal of the periodontal ligament.
- use of zirconia vs titanium implants
Our overall philosophy is Natural, Holistic, Biological and Safe. In addition to general dentistry care our Burtonsville practice has a focus in the following areas:
- Sedation Dentistry
- Teeth Replacement with Dental Implants including Cosmetic Metal Free Implants
- TMJ-TMD Pain Treatment
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
Additional procedures we perform include holistic dentistry, Safe Amalgam Removal, Porcelain BPA free fillings, Holistic Orthodontics, Oral Surgery, DNA Appliance Therapy. Most of our procedures involve the use of oxygen and ozone therapy.
Because we are experienced, proficient, and well equipped to perform many advanced dental procedures, if necessary we can do many different procedures in one appointment. For example, if someone needed a tooth filling, a tooth implant and a wisdom tooth removed, we could deliver one increment of anesthesia, and perform all services in one appointment. Sleep dentistry is advised in this scenario. For those who fear the dentist, or for those who would rather not be awake, we can offer sedation dentistry. Dental sedatives may be used by our sedation dentist in cases where there is dental anxiety, difficulty getting numb, tooth sensitivity or extensive dental needs.
We work with many naturopathic physicians, conventional medical doctors and other like-minded holistic and natural health practitioners. We are members of the Holistic Dental Association, IAOMT.org, Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners and the Biological Dental and Medical Association.