What are the different Sedation Dentistry Techniques?
- Oral sedation is more commonly used among patients. It makes use of a prescription medication or a pill or liquid that induces a drowsy, relaxed feeling. This is an oral medication so no intravenous needles are used. Oral sedation is most popular because it does not require any additional training on behalf of the dentist.
- Full IV Sedation or Sedative Dentist, on the other hand uses an intravenous needle that causes the sedative to take effect immediately. More medication can be applied throughout treatment as needed too. Full Sedation requires a very high level of additional training on behalf of the sedation dentist. IV sedation is more safe because it can easily be reversed should there be an emergency
- Dental Gas aka laughing gas is great for short procedures where there is mild to moderate anxiety. It can be administered very quickly and it wears off in minutes. In most cases the patient can drive home 30 minutess after the procedure.
Due to the relaxing effects of both oral and IV medication, you will be required to have a friend or family member bring you to the dental office and return you home following your appointment.
Where is Maryland Holistic Dentist?
Located in Burtonsville near Silver Spring Columbia Maryland offers the highest quality in natural dentistry, dental implants, sedation dentistry, oral surgery, natural orthodontics and emergency dentist services. We invite you to visit our state of the art office. Our mission is to provide a well-balanced approach to dentistry that promotes dental and whole-body health and wellness.
Other popular pages:
- full mouth implants
- sedation dentist
- all on 4 implants
- wisdom teeth removal dentist
- wisdom teeth recovery period
- implant healing time
- all on 4 reviews
- implant dentures
- emergency dentist
- biological dentist
- ozone dentist
- prf dental implants